False eyelashes are a popular beauty accessory that can enhance your natural lashes and create a dramatic, glamorous look. However, the cost of buying and maintaining false eyelashes can add up quickly, especially if you wear them frequently.
Fortunately, there are several ways to get more wear out of your false eyelashes, which can save you money and ensure that your lashes look their best for as long as possible.
Tips And Tricks
False eyelashes can be a great way to enhance your natural beauty and add some drama to your makeup look.
In this blog, we will share some tips and tricks to help you extend the life of your false eyelashes and make them last longer. By following these tips, you can get more wear out of your lashes and keep them in excellent condition for multiple uses.
1. Invest in High-Quality False Eyelashes
One of the best ways to ensure that your false eyelashes last longer is to invest in high-quality false lashes.
At Glance Cosmetics we make sure that all our false eyelashes are made from ethically sourced and safe ingredients, and we are 100% vegan and cruelty-free! Our high-quality false eyelashes are made with human hair fiber and are designed to withstand multiple uses, as many as eight times!
We do not use mink hair, neither are our lashes made with any synthetic fibers that might cause harm to your natural eyelashes or the skin around the eyes.
2. Remove Your False Eyelashes with Care
False eyelashes are delicate and can easily become damaged if mishandled. To get more wear out of your lashes, handling them with care is important.
How to remove falsies properly?
When removing your false eyelashes, keep the following in mind:
- Use a gentle touch and avoid pulling or tugging on the lashes. Instead, gently peel the lashes off from the outer corner of your eye, working your way inwards.
- After removing your lashes, use a pair of tweezers to carefully remove any excess glue or makeup residue.
- Remove them gently using an oil-based makeup remover to prevent damage to the lashes or your natural lashes.
3. Clean Your False Eyelashes After Each Use
Cleaning false eyelashes can help them last longer by removing dirt, makeup, and bacteria that can accumulate on the lashes over time. When false eyelashes are dirty or coated with makeup residue, it can weaken the adhesive, cause the lashes to become misshapen, and lead to eye infections or irritation. Cleaning false eyelashes is a simple process that can be done using a few household items.
How to properly clean false eyelashes?
- Remove the false eyelashes from your eyes. Gently remove the lashes from your eyelids by grasping them at the outer corner and pulling them off slowly.
- Apply a small amount of oil-based makeup remover to a cotton swab. Oil-based makeup remover is gentle and effective at dissolving the adhesive used for false eyelashes. Apply a small amount of the remover to a cotton swab or pad.
- Gently wipe the false eyelashes with the cotton swab. Hold the false eyelashes in one hand and use the cotton swab to gently wipe away any dirt or makeup residue. Be careful not to pull or tug on the lashes.
- Rinse the false eyelashes with water. Once you've cleaned the false eyelashes with the cotton swab, rinse them under running water to remove any remaining makeup remover or dirt.
- Dry the false eyelashes. Gently pat the false eyelashes with a clean towel to remove excess water. Then, set them on a clean surface to air dry completely.
4. Store Your False Eyelashes Properly
Storing your false eyelashes in a clean, dry place and avoiding exposure to water or heat can also help prolong their lifespan. Additionally, it's important to store them in a cool, dry place.
To store your lashes, carefully place them back into their original packaging or a clean, dry container. If you don't have the original packaging, you can use a small plastic or glass container with a lid. Avoid using metal containers, as they can damage delicate lashes.
5. Use a Lash Adhesive That Works for You
We at Glance Cosmetics want you to have the choice of using a lash adhesive that is best for your skin. Using a lash adhesive that works for you is essential if you want your false eyelashes to last longer.
There are several types of lash adhesives available, including
- black, and
- latex-free options.
Experiment with different types of adhesives to find one that works well with your skin type and doesn't irritate your eyes. When applying your adhesive, use a small amount and apply it evenly along the lash band, being careful to avoid getting glue on the lashes themselves.
6. Avoid Exposure to Moisture and Heat
Moisture and heat can damage your false eyelashes and cause them to lose shape and texture. To avoid damaging your lashes, avoid exposing them to moisture or heat. This means avoiding steamy showers, swimming pools, or hot tubs while wearing your lashes. You should also avoid using a hairdryer or any other heat source to dry your lashes, as this can cause them to become brittle and break.
How does exposure to water and heat ruin the longevity of false eyelashes?
Exposure to water and heat can ruin the longevity of false eyelashes because it can weaken the adhesive used to attach the lashes to your natural lashes or eyelids. Most adhesives used for false eyelashes are water-soluble, meaning they can dissolve or break down when exposed to water, steam, or high temperatures.
When false eyelashes are exposed to water, such as during swimming, showering, or sweating, the adhesive can loosen or dissolve, causing the lashes to fall off or become misaligned. Additionally, exposure to heat, such as from a blow dryer or sauna, can cause the adhesive to melt or weaken, making it less effective in holding the lashes in place.
Moreover, when false eyelashes get wet or moist, they can become misshapen, which can make them look unnatural and shorten their lifespan. This is especially true if the false eyelashes are made of synthetic fibers or if they are not allowed to dry completely before being stored.
You can rest assured that no synthetic fibers are used in our false eyelashes as they are all made from natural human hair fiber that is ethically sourced and processed, saving you from the embarrassment of misshapen falsies if you end up getting them wet.
To maintain the longevity of false eyelashes, it's best to avoid exposing them to water or heat as much as possible.
7. Trim Them to Fit
Trimming false eyelashes can help them last longer because it allows them to fit your natural lash line better, preventing them from lifting or peeling off prematurely. When false eyelashes are too long or too wide for your eyes, they can stick out and not blend well with your natural lashes, making them more likely to fall off or become dislodged.
How can trimming false eyelashes make them last longer?
By trimming false eyelashes, you can customize the length and shape to fit your eyes, making them look more natural and enhancing their longevity. Additionally, properly trimming false eyelashes can reduce the amount of glue needed to secure them, which can also prolong their wear time.
How to trim false eyelashes?
- Measure the false eyelashes against your natural lash line. Hold the lashes up to your eyelid and gently place them along your natural lash line. Check to see if the lashes extend beyond the outer corner of your eye or if they extend into the inner corner of your eye.
- Use scissors to trim the false eyelashes. Starting at the outer corner of the false lashes, use scissors to trim the lashes to the appropriate length. Trim a small amount at a time to avoid cutting off too much. Remember, it's better to trim less than more.
- Apply the false eyelashes. Once you've trimmed the false eyelashes to fit your natural lash line, apply them as you normally would.
By following these steps to trim false eyelashes, you can help them last longer and look more natural in your eyes.
8. Don't Overuse Them
Lastly, it's important not to overuse your false eyelashes. While it may be tempting to wear them every day, doing so can cause damage to your natural lashes and decrease the lifespan of your false lashes. Wear them sparingly, and make sure to give your lashes a break in between uses.
All of Glance Cosmetics’ lashes are high-quality false eyelashes. You must take extra care to store them properly, remove them carefully, clean them thoroughly, avoid water and heat, use glue wisely, trim them to fit, and don't overuse them.
Our false eyelashes are 100% vegan and made with ethically sourced human hair fiber. They are long-lasting false eyelashes, and with a little care and attention, they can be reused up to eight times, or even longer!